What is DNS?
DNS stands for Domain Name System. DNS is an Internet component that translates or converts human-memorable domain names such as solelyweb.com into Internet Protocol (IP) addresses for computers to understand which in
turn allows website contents to be displayed.
How DNS Works
- If you want to visit Google.com you will open a web browser and type google.com into the address bar.
- Your computer then uses DNS to pull up the nameservers for google.com. Their nameservers are set to ns1.google.com and ns2.google.com.
- Your computer will then ask googles nameservers for the A record Address for google.com.
- The nameservers will then reply back with the IP address that is set as the A record 126.96.36.199.
- Your computer will send a request to that IP address along with the page you are requesting. The server that is hosting google.com will then send your web browser the requested page.
Was this useful? Share it!
UK REGISTERED COMPANY 11074916 |
Copyright © 2019 - Solelyweb Ltd - All Rights Reserved |